Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Neighbor From Hell

I have enjoyed living in Spain for over ten years now and have been at my current address for eight of them.

Until about eighteen months ago, my immediate, upstairs neighbors were an old couple. He was never in the best of health but always had time to chat but she was an unknown quantity. Following his death, eighteen months ago, I didn't hear much from her but over the last nine months she has become the NEIGHBOR FROM HELL.

Her apartment is exactly the same size and design as mine but whereas I find that most of my time is spent in one place while I do something (read a book, answer emails &c) she manages to spend hours simply marching up and down while wearing what appear to be wooden clogs.

I cannot remember the last time I had a nights' sleep because this little old lady can walk for twenty hours a day. After midnight she has developed a time table. On the hour she will clump her way to the bathroom, from there she will go to the kitchen and then to her bedroom. At 2am or 3am she will flood her two plant pots on her balcony so that water crashes down on all the balconies below. Since my downstairs neighbors have a plastic cupboard on their balcony, the cacophony of noise is magnified, not only by the silence at that time of the morning but by the drum like sound of water hitting plastic.

Several times I have spoken to this woman about her noise but her only reaction is to whine like some small child that she lives alone - as if that means she is silent! As I type this, at 11am she is upstairs playing one of her favourite games - sliding a 33kilo gas bottle around the floor.

I know that the noise she makes is deliberate because every time I have tried to get her to be quiet, she comes to her door wearing slippers.

My health has never been good but the last two week-ends have seen me have to go for emergency treatment at the hospital.

This morning I returned my wife to the airport after a two week visit. In the whole of that time - she never had one night of sleep.

It is so sad that one evil and malignant woman can cause so much distress in a land that is an absolute joy to live in.

Arthur Webster has been on the periphery of internet marketing for some years and is now building http://www.costadelsol.mylocalgazette.com into an authority site using principles he has learned from http://www.5bucksday.com - a truly useful resource.

Wide Collections of GPS & Accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment